Saturday, March 05, 2005

Zen Way Of Getting Things Done

I've recently discovered a way to keep my mind totally focused on the tasks at hand.

Here's what I found out;
Most of us are not incapable of getting things done, it's just that we have not learned to channel our energy in the right direction.

You see, most people and that includes me, are used to thinking about all the things that we want to do. Well, you probably think there's nothing wrong but the problem is while we are thinking about things other than the task at hand, our thought energy become diversified.

So, how can we shut up the noise in our mind and become more focus?
It's easy. First, list down all the tasks that you want to do and choose one from the list, start with the one you think can be done easily. Well, some people would tell you to start with the most difficult but I would prefer something easier to begin with because when you see yourself producing results, you tend to produce more. I remembered someone has said it before "success breeds success", it just rang so true to me.

Next, tell yourself this is the ONLY THING you want to do even if it takes the remainder of your life time. Please do not treat this step lightly, it's the precursor to engender the ZEN condition.

Now put away the list and just concentrate on the chosen task. Approach it as if it's your life mission, the only life mission. Another self communication that helps me to get in ZEN quickly is I tell myself "no matter how slow I am, I can still accomplish plenty at the end" and also I will chunk down the task, every task under the sun will become easy to handle when you break it down to its smallest.

Did you notice that those are not just self-talk, it's empowering beliefs. So, make it a part of you if you want to become more focus and thus more productive.

With the above in mind, begin at once to complete your first single task and stick to it until it's finished. WARNING: Never never leave a task undone.

When you have successfully complete the first task, move on to the next and repeat the steps above.

You may be wondering; I am supposed to talk about ZEN...way of doing things. Why didn't I mention anything about it? In fact, when you are totally focus on the task you set for yourself and two becomes one, you are in ZEN! I know it's philosophical, you need to experience it to understand the mental state. It's like you have completely lost track of time, space and people, it seems like the task has disappeared and you become the task and the task becomes you. Got it?

Practise it and be ready for a more productive life ahead. Thanks for reading.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home